Bedford Youth Performing Company Policies
Please read all of the policies at BYPC below to learn our payment plans, available BYPC discounts, dress codes, and more. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. We look forward to a great year of growing through the arts together, and we thank you for choosing BYPC for your child's performing arts education.
Age requirements are only guidelines. All class placements are subject to approval of the instructor. Please note that some classes will require prerequisites, auditions, or invitation. BYPC reserves the right to revise our class schedule, reassign an instructor, and cancel a class without notice.
BYPC Payment Policies
- All tuition is calculated for a full school year and is prorated to your start date.
- BYPC vacation weeks are deducted from the year’s tuition.
- Tuition is divided into ten equal installments.
- All payments must be made by auto debit from your checking account or credit card account unless an annual payment is made.
- The first payment will be debited on BYPC's first day of classes. Nine additional installments will be debited on October 1, November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1, May 1, and June 1.
- Annual payments are due by September 1. Annual payments may be made by check, Visa, or Master Card. All annual payments earn a 2% discount.
- Payments debited to a checking account (ACH) will earn a 2% discount monthly.
- BYPC accepts Visa or Master Card credit cards only.
- A receipt of monthly charges will be emailed to you.
- Returned checks and declined credit cards will be assessed a $15.00 fee.
- Private lesson deposits will be credited to your final tuition installment.
- All tuition, registration fees, and deposits are non refundable.
- Withdrawals require a four week lesson or class notice in writing with all appropriate charges applied. Withdrawal forms are available at the BYPC office.
Multi-Class and Family Discounts
The following discounts apply for students or families enrolled in multiple classes at BYPC:
- 2% discount for all annual payments by check, credit card, or cash
- 2% discount for all monthly installments paid by checking account auto debit
- 10% discount for individuals or families with four or more classes or lessons
Multi class discounts do not apply to BYPC Company, BYPC Apprentice Company, BYPC Company Ensemble, or Creative Kids Preschool.
Overdue Payments, Returned Checks, and Declined Credit Card Fees
BYPC tuition is due in advance of classes or lessons. Overdue accounts may result in termination of services and will be referred to a collection agency. Financial aid and work-for-tuition plans may be available; please contact our office at (603) 472-3894 to learn more. Returned checks and declined credit cards will be assessed a $15.00 fee/each. Please inform our office immediately regarding any changes to your checking account or credit cards.
Student Withdrawals and Refund Policies
Students withdrawing from a program within two weeks of registering may do so with no penalty (registration fee is nonrefundable). Students withdrawing from a program after a two week trial basis must provide our office with a written thirty-day notice. Withdrawal notices are available in our main office. All auto debits from credit cards and checking accounts will stop after the one month period. Families paying an annual tuition will be refunded remaining tuition, after the one month notice period and minus the 2% discount. If you must withdraw from a class or lesson for a limited amount of time, your original time slot or class assignment can not be guaranteed. BYPC reserves the right to terminate services to any student without notice, in which case tuition may be refunded.
There are no student make-ups for Creative Kids Preschool. Otherwise, any class cancelled by the teacher or due to an unscheduled closing will have a make up scheduled at the earliest possible date.
Students taking Private Music Lessons are allowed a maximum of two make-up lessons for classes they might miss during the school year. These classes may be scheduled over our Summer session.
All private lessons cancelled by the teacher or by BYPC for other reasons - such as Snow-days - will be rescheduled by the teacher.
Please refer to our Make-Up Policy Sheet (PDF) for further details.
School Calendar for BYPC Classes and Lessons
Classes begin Monday, August 29, 2016. Classes and lessons end on Monday, June 26, 2017. Please refer to the for details. Please make careful note of BYPC vacation breaks and days off. A downloadable copy of our Academic Year Calendar is available here.
School Cancellations — Inclement Weather or Other Emergencies
In the event of inclement weather, please listen to - or visit the website or tune in to WMUR Channel 9, call (603) 472-3894 for a recorded message, or visit our home page to learn of cancellations. Classes and lessons cancelled due to BYPC closing due to inclement weather, teacher absence, or other emergencies will be rescheduled. Contact your instructor for rescheduling. There are no make-up sessions for Creative Kids Preschool. Please note that our cancellations may differ from your school’s cancellations.
Student Placement and Teacher Substitutions
BYPC reserves the right to designate placement for students, as well as to require prerequisites and attendance to qualify for certain placements. BYPC also reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher for a regularly scheduled teacher who is absent.
BYPC Dress Code
Students must adhere to dance, performance, and theatre dress codes. Failure to dress properly may result in students being asked to sit out of class. Students are not permitted to wear jeans or shoes worn on the street or outdoors to any dance class.
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Please enter into the lower parking lot and exit out of the upper parking lot from Bell Hill Road. DO NOT USE THE ROUTE 101 DRIVEWAY — IT IS EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS. For safety, students waiting for parents will be asked to stay inside the building. BYPC assumes no responsibility for the care of students before or after classes and lessons.
Parent Observation at BYPC
BYPC encourages parent involvement in their child’s arts education through regular communication with instructors, attending performances, and observing classes / lessons on a prearranged schedule. Parents will not be allowed in studios, classrooms, or lesson rooms on a regular basis.
Discrimination and Harassment Policy
The Bedford Youth Performing Company is a non-profit education organization with a policy of non-discrimination. Each member of our community — student, parent, or staff — has the right to be free of discrimination and harassment within our organization. Please immediately report any acts of discrimination or harassment to one of our department directors — Ann Davison, Jeff Davison, David Couture, or Maryrose Salem. A complete BYPC non-discrimination policy is available upon request.